How to send a signal from a miniCaster device to make.tv
Different audio and video sources, video clips, local webcams or streaming signals from other live sources can be connected to make.tv either directly, through a mixer (ie. Wirecast etc.) or via an online/hardware encoder (ie. Flash Media Live Encoder, Teradek Cube, LiveU etc.).
There is no limit on how many inputs you send or use in the make.tv Studio.
This step by step guide will show you how to send an input via the miniCaster encoder
into the studio.
1. Connect the miniCaster with a network and plug a a camera signal in.
2. Once your miniCASTER is connected with the internet, you can simply call my.minicaster.com to make some further configurations.
3. On this page your will be asked to insert your miniCASTER credentials, if you don't have a miniCASTER Account, then you can also simply create one.
4. If this ist the first time you log yourself into your miniCASTER account, then you have to link your device with your account, therefore please press on "Add miniCASTER".
5. On the following page you will be asked to insert a name, description and a registraion code of your device.
6. To see the description and the name of your miniCASTER, just click the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard until you see "Device Info".
7. Please insert the name and descripiton in the "Add miniCASTER" section of the miniCASTER webpage.
8. Press the "i" symbol on your miniCASTER and then please navigat to "Show system info" by clicking on the return symbol. After that please make two rights to see the registration code.
9. Transfer your registraition code into the insert field on the miniCASTER webpage.
10. As soon as your miniCASTER is linked with your account, your device will appear in the home section of your miniCASTER account.
11. Now you can start with the configuration of your miniCASTER.
12. Before you are able to make all configurations please create a new delivery profile under the "Manage Profiles".
13. In this profil you set the destination to which the miniCASTER pushs the stream to.
14. Navigate to "Manage Profiles" "Delivery Profiles" by clickin on "Show".
15. Thererfore please click on "Create new Profile".
16. Please choose a name for your profile.
17. Please choose RTMP for the „Delivery Mode“.
18. „Provider“ - „Generic“
19. The FMS URL can be found within the make.tv studio, or within the "footer" by clicking on "Inputs".
20. „User Name“ and „Password“ can be left empty.
21. As stream name you use the one which was provided to you by make.tv or choose an individual one.
22. Click on „save new“
23. Turn back to your "Home" section and click on "Edit device".
24. Here you will have a overview of all of your configurations, which are configurable on your device.
25. The output configurations allow you to choose the right resolution and the bandwidth for the stream. You are also able to set and save own output profiles under "Manage Profiles"
26. Within "Delivery Profile" please select your profile which was created for make.tv.
27. To start the push to your make.tv channel please click either on the bid red button or on stream "ON" in your personalized my.minicaster.com.
28. Now the stream should appear in your make.tv studio.
If you want to broadcast from a location where a firewall is blocking all outgoing traffic to destination port “1935”, you can change the protocol in the URL from “rtmp://” to "rtmpt://" and manually select the destination port “80” by adding “:80” after the top-level domain. Your URL will then look like this:
If you want to duplicate your stream server side, and stream to additional channels, simply add “/COPY/[HASH-STRING-FROM-OTHER-CHANNEL]” to the URL. Your URL should then look like this:
Using this formula, you can duplicate your stream to all the channels you have access to.