Send a signal from a Teradek VidiU device to make.tv
Different audio and video sources, video clips, local webcams or streaming signals from other live sources can be connected to make.tv either directly, through a mixer (ie. Wirecast etc.) or via an online/hardware encoder (ie. Flash Media Live Encoder, Teradek Cube, LiveU etc.).
There is no limit on how many inputs you send or use in the make.tv Studio.
This step by step guide will show you how to send an input via a Teradek VidiU encoder
into the studio.
1. Switch on the VidiU
2. Download the TeraDekCentral Application for your operating System:
3. Install this application on your Computer
4. Connect the Vidiu and your computer
Both devices must be connected to the same network.
5. Start the application
6. Choose the device, which you want to configure
7. After clicking this button a new window will open in your browser
8. Now click on “Settings”
9. On the next screen please click on broadcast
10. Once the “Broadcast” Configuration screen is opened paste your own RTMP URL into the “RTMP Server URL” field:
Stream: Any desired name
11. Click on “Apply”
12. Go back to the “Settings” screen by clicking on “Settings”
13. Click then on “Done”
14. Now you have to make a double click on the greenish broadcast button
15. The button will turn red and the audio signal will be visible in your studio
If you want to broadcast from a location where a firewall is blocking all outgoing traffic to destination port “1935”, you can change the protocol in the URL from “rtmp://” to "rtmpt://" and manually select the destination port “80” by adding “:80” after the top-level domain. Your URL will then look like this:
If you want to duplicate your stream server side, and stream to additional channels, simply add “/COPY/[HASH-STRING-FROM-OTHER-CHANNEL]” to the URL. Your URL should then look like this:
Using this formula, you can duplicate your stream to all the channels you have access to.