How to send a signal from wirecast to make.tv
Different audio and video sources, video clips, local webcams or streaming signals from other live sources can be connected to make.tv either directly, through a mixer (ie. Wirecast etc.) or via an online/hardware encoder (ie. Flash Media Live Encoder, Teradek Cube, LiveU etc.).
There is no limit on how many inputs you send or use in the make.tv Studio.
This step by step guide will show you how to send an input via the Wirecast encoder
into the studio.
1. Open the Wirecast Client on your Mac or PC. This software works on both (Mac/Windows) systems.
2. Once the client has started open the "Output Settings", which you will find under "Output".
3. On the next window please select maketv from the drop-down menu and click on “OK”.
4. On the next screen please fill in the following information:
Name: Any desired name
Destination: select maketv
Encoding: Choose one of the recommended selections
Username: Please type your username in (email@example.com)
Authentificate: Click the button and type your password in
5. After clicking on "OK" your channels will be loaded into the channel drop-down menu.
6. Select your desired channel and click on "OK"
7. All you have to do now is to click on the "Stream" button and the stream will be pushed into your pre-selected studio.
If you want to broadcast from a location where a firewall is blocking all outgoing traffic to destination port “1935”, you can change the protocol in the URL from “rtmp://” to "rtmpt://" and manually select the destination port “80” by adding “:80” after the top-level domain. Your URL will then look like this:
If you want to duplicate your stream server side, and stream to additional channels, simply add “/COPY/[HASH-STRING-FROM-OTHER-CHANNEL]” to the URL. Your URL should then look like this:
Using this formula, you can duplicate your stream to all the channels you have access to.